With everyone sheltering in place, a lot of us have had time to try old family recipes or test out new favorites. We thought it would be a fun project to create a Carver Quarantine Cookbook, featuring favorite recipes from our clients and friends. These cookbooks will be professionally published and are sure to be a treasured keepsake.
We hope that you will consider sharing some of your favorite tried and true recipes. Please submit copies of no more than 2-3 recipes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may drop them off at our office by June 30th.
Click here if you would like to print out a template for writing out your recipe.
One copy of the cookbook will be provided to each person who submits a recipe. For all others who would like a copy, we ask that you reserve it in advance so that we can gauge how many to print. Please email us at email@example.com with the number of cookbooks you are requesting. We only ask that you provide a non-perishable food item for each cookbook you request, which will be donated to a local food bank.
Cookbooks are scheduled to be completed in October.
Your recipes should fit into one of the following categories
(please indicate at the top of your recipe):
- Appetizers & Beverages
- Soups & Salads
- Vegetables & Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
- Breads & Rolls
- Cookies & Candy
- This & That
Recipe Writing Tips:
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Make sure ingredients and directions are clear, thorough, and accurate. For example, don’t assume the reader knows how to make yeast bread.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Provide additional comments about the recipe (history of the recipe, nutritional data, suggested uses, why it is your favorite, etc.)
Click here for examples of recipe format, notes, contributor info, and additional writing tips.
Questions? Please call our office at 440-974-0808.